2006 New Mexico gubernatorial election
Richardson: 50–60% 60–70% 70–80% 80–90%
|Elections in New Mexico|
|Secretary of State elections|
|Attorney General elections|
|House of Representatives elections|
The 2006 New Mexico gubernatorial election was a race for the Governor of New Mexico held on November 7, 2006. Incumbent Democratic Governor Bill Richardson was running for re-election. He faced Republican John Dendahl in the general election and won by a landslide. As of 2022[update], this was the last time a male candidate was elected Governor of New Mexico.
Discover more about 2006 New Mexico gubernatorial election related topics
- Bill Richardson, incumbent Governor of New Mexico
- Anselmo A. Chavez, veteran and perennial candidate
|Democratic||Bill Richardson (incumbent)||107,720||99.64|
|Democratic||Anselmo A. Chávez||388||0.36|
- James R. Damron, physician
- George Brent Bailey Jr., educator and minister
|Republican||James R. Damron||52,888||99.58|
Discover more about Primaries related topics
- Bill Richardson (Democrat), incumbent Governor of New Mexico
- John Dendahl (Republican), former chair of the Republican Party of New Mexico
Damron defeated Bailey in the Republican primary, but withdrew from the race on June 17, 2006 due to a lack of fundraising. John Dendahl was appointed by the Republican State Central Committee to replace him. There were no general election debates between the two candidates.
|The Cook Political Report||Solid D||November 6, 2006|
|Sabato's Crystal Ball||Safe D||November 6, 2006|
|Rothenberg Political Report||Safe D||November 2, 2006|
|Real Clear Politics||Safe D||November 6, 2006|
|Research & Polling Inc. of Albuquerque||September 25–28, 2006||—||—||60%||28%||—||—|
|Rasmussen Reports||September 7, 2006||—||—||61%||26%||—||—|
|Research & Polling Inc. of Albuquerque||August 25–31, 2006||—||—||57%||28%||—||—|
|Rasmussen Reports||June 26, 2006||—||—||56%||32%||—||—|
|Democratic||Bill Richardson (incumbent)||384,806||68.82%||+13.33%|
Discover more about General election related topics
Source: "2006 New Mexico gubernatorial election", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2022, December 19th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_New_Mexico_gubernatorial_election.
Get our FREE extension now!
2006 Illinois gubernatorial election
2006 United States gubernatorial elections
2006 Maryland gubernatorial election
2006 Tennessee gubernatorial election
2006 California gubernatorial election
2006 Colorado gubernatorial election
2006 Connecticut gubernatorial election
2006 Maine gubernatorial election
2006 Idaho gubernatorial election
2006 Alaska gubernatorial election
2006 Oregon gubernatorial election
2006 South Carolina gubernatorial election
2006 Wyoming gubernatorial election
2008 Montana gubernatorial election
2010 Georgia gubernatorial election
2010 New Mexico gubernatorial election
2014 New Mexico gubernatorial election
2014 Oregon gubernatorial election
- ^ "2006 Governor Race Ratings for November 6, 2006" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 5, 2008. Retrieved October 1, 2006.
- ^ "Election Eve 2006: THE FINAL PREDICTIONS". Sabato's Crystal Ball. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "2006 Gubernatorial Ratings". Senate Ratings. The Rothenberg Political Report. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "Election 2006". Real Clear Politics. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ http://www.sos.state.nm.us/06GenResults/Statewide.pdf
- 2006 New Mexico elections
- 2006 United States gubernatorial elections
- All articles containing potentially dated statements
- All articles with dead external links
- Articles containing potentially dated statements from 2022
- Articles with dead external links from February 2022
- Articles with short description
- New Mexico gubernatorial elections
- Short description matches Wikidata
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.