2006 Hawaii gubernatorial election
Lingle: 50–60% 60–70%
|Elections in Hawaii|
|U.S. House of Representatives|
|State Senate elections|
|State House of Representatives elections|
The 2006 Hawaii gubernatorial election was held on November 7, 2006. Incumbent Linda Lingle was the first Republican to be elected governor of Hawaii since 1959. Although 2006 was a strong election year for Democrats, Lingle won re-election by a landslide owing to an economic rebound in the state that occurred during her tenure after a shaky decade for the state economy during the 1990s and early 2000s. As of 2022[update], this remains the last time that a Republican has been elected Governor of Hawaii or won any statewide office, as well as the only time in history that a Republican governor has been re-elected in the state. This, along with the 1972 United States presidential election in Hawaii, constitute the only time a Republican won the state with more than 60% of the vote.
Discover more about 2006 Hawaii gubernatorial election related topics
- Linda Lingle, incumbent governor
- George L. Berish, fellow of the Society of Actuaries
- Paul Manner, freelance news correspondent
- George G. Peabody, editor of the Molokai Advertiser-News
|Republican||Linda Lingle (incumbent)||31,275||97.42|
|Republican||George L. Berish||295||0.92|
- Randy Iwase, former state senator and former Honolulu city councilor
- William Aila, Wai'anae harbormaster
- Van Tanabe, former telecommunications executive
|Democratic||William J. Aila, Jr.||43,845||24.46|
|Democratic||Van K. Tanabe||16,317||9.10|
- James Brewer Jr. - full-time political-economic educator and advocate for Hawaii's employee families
- Ozell Daniel, comedian
|The Cook Political Report||Solid R||November 6, 2006|
|Sabato's Crystal Ball||Safe R||November 6, 2006|
|Rothenberg Political Report||Safe R||November 2, 2006|
|Real Clear Politics||Safe R||November 6, 2006|
|Republican||Linda Lingle (incumbent)||215,313||62.53%||+10.98%|
|Green||James Brewer, Jr.||5,435||1.58%|
Discover more about General election related topics
Source: "2006 Hawaii gubernatorial election", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, January 22nd), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Hawaii_gubernatorial_election.
Get our FREE extension now!
Hawaii Republican Party
2006 Illinois gubernatorial election
2006 United States gubernatorial elections
2006 New Mexico gubernatorial election
2006 Oklahoma gubernatorial election
2006 Nebraska gubernatorial election
2006 Maine gubernatorial election
2002 United States gubernatorial elections
2010 United States gubernatorial elections
2010 Oklahoma gubernatorial election
2002 Hawaii gubernatorial election
2010 Hawaii gubernatorial election
1998 Hawaii gubernatorial election
2012 United States Senate election in Hawaii
2018 Hawaii gubernatorial election
- ^ a b "2006 Primary election results" (PDF).
- ^ "2006 Governor Race Ratings for November 6, 2006" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 5, 2008. Retrieved October 1, 2006.
- ^ "Election Eve 2006: THE FINAL PREDICTIONS". Sabato's Crystal Ball. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "2006 Gubernatorial Ratings". Senate Ratings. The Rothenberg Political Report. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "Election 2006". Real Clear Politics. Retrieved June 25, 2021.
- ^ "2006 General election results" (PDF).
- Official Campaign Websites (Archived)
- Official government and party websites
- Office of the Governor
- Hawaii Democrats
- Hawaii Republicans
- Green Party of Hawaii
- Libertarian Party of Hawaii
- U.S. gubernatorial elections, 2006
- State of Hawaii
- Governors of Hawaii
- Democratic Party of Hawaii
- Hawaii Republican Party
- Green Party of Hawaii
- 2006 Hawaii elections
- 2006 United States gubernatorial elections
- All articles containing potentially dated statements
- All stub articles
- Articles containing potentially dated statements from 2022
- Articles with short description
- Hawaii gubernatorial elections
- Hawaii stubs
- Short description is different from Wikidata
- Western United States election stubs
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.