2002 Intercontinental Cup
|Date||3 December 2002|
|Venue||International Stadium Yokohama, Yokohama|
|Man of the Match||Ronaldo (Real Madrid)|
|Referee||Carlos Eugênio Simon (Brazil)|
The 2002 Intercontinental Cup was an association football match played on 3 December 2002, between Real Madrid of Spain, winners of the 2001–02 UEFA Champions League, and Olimpia of Paraguay, winners of the 2002 Copa Libertadores. The match was played for the first time in the tournament's history at the International Stadium Yokohama in Yokohama. This encounter marked a special occasion for Olimpia and Real Madrid, as both teams celebrated their centenary in 2002.
Ronaldo opened the scoring for Real Madrid in the 14th minute shooting low right footed past the goalkeeper from inside the penalty box. The second goal was scored by Guti in the 84th minute, heading home at the near post after a cross from Luís Figo on the right.
Discover more about 2002 Intercontinental Cup related topics
Man of the Match:
Discover more about Match details related topics
Source: "2002 Intercontinental Cup", Wikipedia, Wikimedia Foundation, (2023, March 6th), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Intercontinental_Cup.
Get our FREE extension now!
Julio César Cáceres
List of Real Madrid CF records and statistics
1998 Intercontinental Cup
2001 Intercontinental Cup
2003 Intercontinental Cup
2004 Intercontinental Cup
2000 Intercontinental Cup
2016 UEFA Champions League final
2016 UEFA Super Cup
2014 FIFA Club World Cup Final
2016 FIFA Club World Cup final
2018 FIFA Club World Cup final
2017 FIFA Club World Cup final
- ^ a b c d "The 23rd Toyota European / South American Cup – Team lists of the match". Toyota Cup. 3 December 2002. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- ^ Centenario del Real Madrid Archived 21 January 2007 at the Wayback Machine (in Spanish)
- ^ Olimpia, 100 años de triunfos(in Spanish)
- ^ Leme de Arruda, Marcelo (2 January 2009). "Toyota Cup – Most Valuable Player of the Match Award". Rec.Sport.Soccer Statistics Foundation. Archived from the original on 24 December 2008. Retrieved 15 January 2009.
- 2000s in Yokohama
- 2002 in Japanese football
- 2002 in South American football
- 2002 in association football
- 2002–03 in European football
- 2002–03 in Spanish football
- Articles with Spanish-language sources (es)
- Articles with short description
- Club Olimpia matches
- December 2002 sports events in Asia
- Intercontinental Cup (football)
- Intercontinental Cup (football) matches hosted by Japan
- Real Madrid CF matches
- Short description matches Wikidata
- Sports competitions in Yokohama
- Use dmy dates from June 2017
- Webarchive template wayback links
The content of this page is based on the Wikipedia article written by contributors..
The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike Licence & the media files are available under their respective licenses; additional terms may apply.
Wikipedia® is a registered trademark of the Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization & is not affiliated to WikiZ.com.